Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"The Meaning of Triumph"


Alice (his mom) and James
 I have been meaning to give this person credit for what has been a great source of inspiration in my life. I've come across many people from different walks of life and thought I've heard and seen it all.

James continues to show me that I have obviously NOT seen or heard it all. In my line of work,  I observe many struggles that American families face today. However, I can't give enough tribute to James and his mother to remind me everyday why I chose my profession. The picture displayed above is what I have hung over my desk as a memorabilia to define "triumph". The picture captures only a glimpse of the love I watch between them.

My first encounter with Alice is one of the most touching experiences in my life. Before I met her, James shared many insightful stories of his mother and in meeting her the stories only intensified by her presence. His mother exudes such a powerful feeling of strength and nurturing that any child is lucky to have. I am touched by the stories I hear everyday at work and with this picture of Alice and James I am reminded the meaning of "triumph".

No comments:

Post a Comment