Monday, April 25, 2011

Desert Treasure: Anza-Borrego


Bay sulking in the scenery
Barrel Cactus

Buckhorn Cholla






Surviving Desert Lily



Ocotilla Cactus
Panoramic Trail


Just Do It!
So much more to discover here, this is only a glimpse....
My curiosity of Anza-Borrego could not be more fulfilled with the short visit I made this past weekend. I managed to convince my best friend Bay to come along and enjoy the scenic route with me. I must give credit to an old friend (Ning) for sharing her visit there thus inspiring my visit to formulate my own assessment.

I have been on many hikes but this one stands out on its own. Why? Well, first the drive there offers a preview for what you're about to take in. Your eyes will be enchanted by the beaming bed of flowers settling among the vast open land. How can something so simple be so beautiful?

Upon arriving, I will admit I was apprehensive on embarking this trail but that's just how I am with any hike I have NOT set foot in. As we proceeded further into the desert, my eyes couldn't stay still. The wildflowers were bursting in the midst of the desert waiting in tranquility for my awareness. I can identify why many have come here.

The hike on the panoramic trail is only a small fraction of the desert. However, when we reached close to the top of the trail, I noticed my ears were NOT being whistled by the wind anymore but this time it was a bird soaring right past us. I can still envision its colossal wings and how elegant it maneuvers in its' glide with the wind. I can’t recall the type of bird but its’ noise and presence left an impression on me.

I anticipate making several trips here again to relish what Anza-Borrego has to share. I can only hope the images I captured stimulates interests as it did for me. Enjoy! =)

Sanh



3 comments:

  1. So happy you went- best time to go! Great photos and thanks for the credit.
    ;)

    Now ur hooked and will keep going! You should also check out the mudcaves and/or slot canyon next time u are there. U'd love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I was going to give you credit. It wouldn't be right if I didn't. =)

    Yes, that was one of the things I wanted to see while I was there but we were in a time crunch so next time definitely. =) Thanks again Ning Nong for opening my eyes to this. It was a great experience even if it was just a little taste of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. where did the vocab come from, such a little writer...

    ReplyDelete