Thursday, April 28, 2011

iPhone4 Art: Snapshooter

Advocate spokesperson for Apple products is not in my job description however I do have years of experience with camera phones and I must say that the iphone4 camera trumps all competition.

As I was browsing through my photos, I knew I had to share some of the great benefits to owning this camera phone. Another reason, lately I've had the desire to actually purchase a camera to call my own. I sampled quite a few professional cameras such as the Canon, Sony and Nikon and realized that the photos from my iphone are actually just as great.

During my research for my camera purchase, I discovered the different classification of photographers such as a Snapshooter. According to Ken Rockwell Ken Rockwell, “Snapshooters who are graphic artists or otherwise visually literate people often make fantastic images that impress everyone. These snapshooters are artists and don't even realize it. Believe it: it's the photographer who makes an image, not a camera. Snapshooters use point-and-shoot and disposable cameras, which give the same excellent results as the Leicas, Nikons, Canons and Contaxes used by everyone else.” Would I label myself as an artist? NAY! But I do share common traits as Ken describes and can only aspire to be.

Another discovery I made during my research is that I am not alone in iphone photography. A well-known artist in the industry, Chase Jarvis features iphone photos as one of his credentials in his art portfolio. Check his link. Chase Jarvis  Figuratively-speaking, his work of art is Goliath compared to my David-skills. Nonetheless, his Goliath skill only motivates and inspires me to be as great as he. But to go this long with just an iphone and create images just as great as a $900 or plus expensive camera, I say, not too bad. Not bad at all….

Enjoy the photos…




6th Avenue Gaslamp during our evening strolls

Mosiac to gaze upon during our dinners

Colorado Sunrise - 2011 Road Trip



Coronado Sand/Surf Time

Maple Wrapped Potato - my culinary creation



The Black Sea (in our jacuzzi)


Sunset on the P.C.H. on the Harley
 Morning stroll to & from home/work


Woodrow & Jessie Bessie



Poolside at the condo



 Our rejuvenator juice

Mom's backyard BBQ


Winds of Morro Bay, CA
Daily Grind Outfit



4th of July on our balcony


No comments:

Post a Comment